Dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow?
This delicious recipe from Taste of Home for Vegetarian Chili! It’s spicy without being too much so, chock-full of fresh veggies, and at only 130 calories per cup, you can eat a heaping bowl of it without any guilt. (Not that I’d ever let myself feel guilty over eating chili). 😉
Yeah, this one is definitely a keeper!!
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh cilantro and parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large pot, saute the zucchini, onions and peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, jalapeno and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.