If someone asked me to choose my absolute-favorite, dessert flavor, I’d have a very difficult time doing so. But I do know, without a doubt, that lemon would make the list for top contenders. That tart blend of sweet and sour just hits the spot every time.
It’s confection perfection! 🙂
My lemon cupcakes were begging for that extra lemony-touch, so I decided to double-the-lemon-flavor. Lemon frosting on lemon cupcakes. Be still my heart!
My final pick for the frosting recipe was from Crazy for Crust’s Perfect Triple Lemon Cupcakes. It was as delicious as
I had hoped it would be. Tart… sweet… smooth… rich… creamy… And the perfect topping for lemon cupcakes.
When life gives you lemons, I think that you should definitely try this recipe out! 🙂
Lemon Buttercream Frosting (by Crazy for Crust)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, for desired consistency
- Beat butter until creamy. Beat in salt and 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time until it’s all added. Beat in lemon juice and zest. Add 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and mix until smooth. Add more cream as needed for desired consistency. Frosting can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Make sure to let it come to room temperature before using.
- Frost cupcakes by placing frosting in a pastry bag.