Nate caught me looking rather tired this afternoon and said, “I think there’s one frozen pizza left in the freezer, if you want me to make that for dinner.”
I thought for a second and realized that for the first time in weeks, I wanted a REAL meal. As in a meal that consists of a protein, veggie, and a starch. I wanted fish!
I smiled and said, “You know what? I think I’m going to make us something good for supper.”
And I can’t be too sure (especially since I’m sure he’d deny it), but I’m fairly certain that Nate giggled in pure excitement.
This tilapia recipe is so unbelievably easy to make, but it tastes indulgent. It’s rich, and flaky, and pregnant woman approved. 😉 Nate absolutely loved it too!
YAY for having a real meal (other than pizza) tonight. 🙂
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
(based on this recipe)
1 lb tilapia fillets
1/4 cup crushed Ritz cracker (I used Late July crackers, because they’re a healthier version)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter
1. Thaw and wash tilapia fillets if frozen. Pat dry on paper towels.
2. Combine crumbs, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder on a plate, mixing well.
3. Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
4. Dip each fillet in the milk and then dredge in the parmesan mixture patting it all over to coat. (If there are extra crumbs, pour over top of fish).
5. Drizzle with melted butter.
6. Bake at 425ºF for about 20 minutes or until they easily flake with a fork and edges are browning (you can sprinkle some more parmesan on top if desired).